3DR GPS uBlox LEA-6 indicator lights

Current setup:

APM2.5 w/ ArduCopter V2.7.3 Quad

3DR GPS uBlox LEA-6 w/ stock configuration from the diydrones store

Power via USB only

On the GPS board, the red power light is on constant and the blue fix flight is flashing.  So no GPS fix right?

but the AMP2.5 has a solid blue light indicating GPS fix and when connected to the mission planner via USB, I see that I have a 3D fix with 12 satellites and gpstatus=3.  Also it appears that the location is within a reasonable range of where I actually am.

When the quad is powered via the 4.7V coming off of the esc bec's I still get the flashing blue fix light on the GPS.

So do I really have a GPS fix or what is going on.

Should the light on the 3DR GPS uBlox LEA-6 go to solid blue?

Any insight would be appreciated,

Thanks

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Red light for power. Blinking blue when locked, from what I can tell. I have flown auto missions with it that way. As long as you have solid blue on the APM you should be good. The Mediatek shows a solid blue when locked, but not the Ublox.
  • Admin

Hi all,

I think that I have solved the mystery of the flashing blue LED on the uBlox pwb that says "fix". After reviewing the GPS schematic, I found that the "fix" LED is hooked to the "TIMEPLUSE" output of the uBlox chip. The literature states that it is programmable from .25 Hz to 1kHz. I would assume that once the GPS has acquired sufficient satellites and has a time lock, it will pulse the "TIMPLUSE" line causing the "fix" LED to blink at whatever rate it has been programmed. Therefore, the "fix" LED is an indication of GPS lock and will probably flash as long as there are sufficient (how many?) satellites for a lock, but will never go solid.

Regards,

TCIII

• Hello totgether,

I'm getting in trouble with the original connector on the 3DR GPS uBlox LEA-6, on the back side there are 4 copperpoints where i can connect Power + Gnd also the Tx and Rx signal. the question that i have is the following, can someone support me on the Ardupilot 2.5 to figure out which pin (out of the 8 i think) must be connected to the GPS Module (without using the original connector on the GPS Module).

many thank in advance

Stefan

• I am getting the same thing as you, so not yet comfortable to try auto flights...just wrote a question on this as well before seeing this one. Let me know if anything change son your side.

• 3D Robotics

I think that may be the distinction in the quality of the fix, with the APM LED accepting a lower quality fix (number of sats, etc). At any rate, as long as you're seeing 3D Fix in the MP, you should be good to go. 

This reply was deleted.

Activity