I saw mentioned somewhere? That you could fit the current version of ArduCopter onto a 1280 board somehow? I think by eliminating various parts of the program? Does anyone have an easy step by step tutorial or does someone have an older version of ArduCopter that will fit? I am waiting on the repair/replacement of my 2.5 board and getting restless. Can anyone help me out?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Michael, check those two screens. On the left is the full code (well, with some my changes). As you can see, it takes 197390 bytes of memory. On the right I've disabled two parts (logging and CLI) and the result is 165272 bytes.

This is how to do this. You will have to disable some parts so it finally fit your uC.

3692519739?profile=original3692519444?profile=original

• 3D Robotics

It's possible, I think (I've never tried), and involves turning off datalogging, the CLI and a few other functions in the APM_Config.h file. But you'll have to do it again with every code release and it may not work (we haven't officially supported the 1280 for more than a year now). 3DR has lowered the price of the 2560 board upgrade to $49 to encourage people to upgrade and put this behind them; that may be a better long-term solution.

This reply was deleted.

Activity