HUD in mission planner spinning

Hi all,

When setting up a new pixhawk i see the HUD in mission planner is slowly turning clockwise, this happens consistently on 3.1.2, if i load the previous firmware via mission planner, 3.1, it all works as expected without any other change except the firmware change, going back to "latest" firmaware the spinning resumes... 

Also in 3.1.2 the compass calibration does not work and collect no samples, in 3.1 it works fine.

Any ideas?

Richard

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• After I did the erase and reset. The HUD quit spinning. I did all the calibrations except the compasmot and everything still looked good. After I did the compassmot calibration the HUD started spinning again.

• It seems to be an issue with compassmot... replacing the compass offsets with 0 onstead of NAN works better than the erase. As you dont have to set everything up again. The compassmot is apparently a known issue.
    • MR60

Richard, this is a different issue. Even without nan values, HUD spins.

• MR60

I have the same problem. An erase/reset fixes the problem temporarily but it came back. This looks indeed to happen in v3.1.2 for lots of other users. 

• same problem.  

• I had my Pixhawk all setup and calibrated. This morning I plugged in the lipo held the safety switch button until it went solid red and tried to arm. It wouldn't arm, so I plugged it into Mission Planner and the HUD was spinning as you describe. I followed the steps you outlined and every thing is working normal again.

This is pretty disconcerting! Has anyone figured out what causes it?

I'm using firmware V3.1.2

• I found that doing a erase and then a reset via the terminal fixed the problem. Not sure how it happend or what caused it though.
This reply was deleted.

Activity