Recommended Arducopter battery

I have a question about the Li-Po battery options for the upcoming Arducopter quad kit. I was reading the Aeroquad tutorial to get an idea of what I should buy and they recommend using the HobbyKing 4400 mAh for the Aeroquad. However, I have seen some project quads on this forum using the 2200mAh Li-Po’s.

I’m wondering if the Arducopter carrying a 500 gram payload (camera gear, etc) is better off with the lighter 2200mAh or could it handle the additional (152g) weight of the 4400 mAh battery? I’m know there is a point of diminishing returns where adding more battery capacity (weight) is not worth the return in flight time.

Thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• can any1 help me suggestbest ESC for me? Currently the turnigy Basic 18A v3.1 Brushless Speed Controller is out of stock. im using hacker Style Brushless Outrunner 20-22L... pls help me...
  • Developer
    Mike,

I am using both 2200mAh and 4400mAh batteries on my ArduCopter without any problems. Ok i have not been having extra 500g payload onboard but I cannot see any reasons why it would not handle it. It can lift quite much.

I'd say on this point bigger issue is that do you want to put heavy camera on it or not. I would not put any expensive equipment on it yet due our software is still early beta and there are a some stability issues still on software. It is not yet save enough for that.

After we get our latest software back to as stable as it was earlier, I will do some payload tests with it. Currently we are working on some heavy changes on code and code structure to make future path better...
This reply was deleted.

Activity