Replies

• On the current release, is is:

logs<enter>

enable CUR<enter>

I had it enabled in the bitmask fr my configuration, so hadn't had to turn it on from the command line. At some time in the past, it was 'CURRENT', but it now only wants CUR (though it reports as CURRENT...). Designed to confuse.

Best Wishes

• You can specify what is going to be logged in the onboard memory.

From the cli log menu - where you download the logs, type 'enable current<ent>'. This turns on logging to the onboard memory, the data from the current sensor (including voltage).

Best Wishes

• I got the 3DR power module and flew a test flight and I was able to see mycurrent and voltage!

When I went inside I downloaded the .log flies and I found that current and voltage aren't logged in the .log file. After some hunting I found that the .tlog files store a LOT of data (including current and voltage).

The problem is that .tlog files are not stored as text files (although you can convert to .txt through the mission planner) and once converted to text files they aren't formatted as nicely as the .log files.

I want to get some data on how different flight patterns/weather conditions/PIDs affect flight times (through voltage and current used) so having the data nicely formatted makes writing code to read it easier.

Does anyone have a way to automatically store .tlog files as text files, a way to read the data from .tlog files (as raw .tlog or .txt), and/or a way to read raw .tlog files  into MatLab/Octave or C++?

• THIS page says...

There are two ways to datalog your flights with APM: using the onboard 16Mb dataflash memory, which you can download on the ground, and/or recording your Xbee/3DR telemetry stream with a Ground Station in flight.

-=Doug

This reply was deleted.

Activity