Spektrum DX8 and AR8000 receiver

Just wondered whether anyone has notes of wisdom when trying to use the AR8000 receiver with the APM/OilPan?

I've been able to get communications using my DX8 and an AR6200, but when i tried to use the AR8000 (with the intention of using getting 8 channels and the telemetry box at some point too) i didn't seem to be able to establish communication - when trying to use the configuration app i couldn't get it to detect stick movement.

When using my DX8 (and high frame rate satellite) with my MK Hexa i have to use a different MK software setting, is such a thing required for the APM/OilPan?

thanks, DS

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have a problem where the throttle is not working but all other channels are...  It seems there is some fail safe function that blocks throttle operation.  I find that connecting the Rx directly to the Speed Control when plugging in the battery, then reconnecting the APM inline after the connection is made resolves the issue.

i.e.  Disconnect the ESP servo cable from the APM

Plug directly to AR800

Connect main battery

disconnect ESP from Rx

Connect ESP to APM

Connect APM to Rx

Now the throttle works...

I have a DX8 and AR8000 setup.  I find that you need to bind with the RX + Satellite + connected to the servos and powered up APM.  Also I find that 22ms frame rate works the best, even though it binds at 11ms, after binding, I startup my DX8 in setup mode and switch to 22ms frame rate.

• 100KM

Many months late :) But I'm using a AR8000 with no problems.. except my satellite cable broke and now the whole thing refuses to work.

I had the same problem.

It was fixed but connecting up the AR8000 to the APM and then binding the DX8.

• I've had no problems with the dx8 and ar8000 with arducopter.

I did notice that if I detached the remote receiver, it wouldn't work until I re-bound it.

• I had the same thing. However, I calibrated using another Spektrum receiver (AR6200) and then replaced and bound the AR8000 and telemetry unit to the Tx and it all works fine. Bizarrely once I had done this I could see the Tx output in the configurator app (old one). I have not tried to calibrate with it again though.
This reply was deleted.

Activity