Replies

• :) no special name for the board. It is sold already together as one unit with the HC SR04.

At the moment I saw on on EBay

----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/APM2-Ultrasonic-Module-HC-SR04-for-RC-APM-2...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/APM2-Ultrasonic-Module-HC-SR04-for-RC-APM-2...

here you have the two boards together an the 3 pin analogue signal for APM and Pixhawk ;)

Angelica Crespo said:

Thank you so much, Bernardo! May I know the name of the additional board attached to the Sonar? What is it called?

Bernardo said:

Hi Angelica,

the APM, Pixhawk, Pixhack, CUAV and similar FC from this series needs a special signal that is provided through

a small additional board attached to the Sonar you have.

It is available from RC stores, China suppliers and from EBay as a set..

Please see the attached images.

• Thank you so much, Bernardo! May I know the name of the additional board attached to the Sonar? What is it called?

Bernardo said:

Hi Angelica,

the APM, Pixhawk, Pixhack, CUAV and similar FC from this series needs a special signal that is provided through

• ..........more pics:  hope this helps a little :)

R0019301.JPG

sonar ww.jpg

• Hi Angelica,

R0019295.JPG

R0019296.JPG

R0019297.JPG

• Hi Bernardo, I'm using the same sonar sensor, HC-SR04. However, it has 4 pins: Supply, Trigger, Echo, Gnd. You mentioned that you used the sonar with the second board attached where 3 pins come out. May I know the details about this second board? I can't seem to make the 4-pin sensor work with Pixhawk. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Bernardo said:

Hi :)
    cool that the sonar works on APM.
    What is the A1 pin for the Pixhawk??
    I'm reading through the WiKi but there is no mention how to connect the HC-SRo4 to the Pixhawk.
    I use the sonar with the second board attached where 3 pins come out.
    The sonar shows a red led but no numbers in MP. I connect to the ADC 3.3 V plug in the middle.
    Is that ok?
  • trying the same with hcsr04 and apm 2.52 is there a known work around yet? any advice on how to hook up the 4 pin sensor would be greatly appreciated

• Hi Bernardo,

I also want to connect HC_SR04 with Pixhawk.
    The HC-SR04 that I have has 4 pins : 5V Supply, Trigger pulse Input, Echo pulse output, Ground.
    Can you please help me understand how I can connect this with pixhawk?
    Did you make any changes in ardupilot or HC_SR04 driver's code also to make it work?

• Hi :)

ok, today i can inform that the module works now!

Pin 14 did it.

Many thanks to Juan - you lead me to success :D

(YAY!!! ) :D

• sorry - I have trouble connecting to this forum, veeeeery slow and the html mode (menue does not show up) and also the upload-browse option is not there (pics) ?????

It's only me ?
    • today it's normal again ,  quick connection to the DIY forum :)  - perhaps issues in DE 'cause of the rainstorms .....

This reply was deleted.

Activity