What's New in MatrixPilot 2.0
- Combines the functionality of MatrixNav and AileronAssist into a single firmware.
- Supports navigation using both ailerons and rudder.
- Increases the number of Radio Input channels (from 4 to 5), and Servo Output channels (from 3 to 6).
- Supports controlling Delta wing and V-Tail airframes, in addition to Standard airframes with or without ailerons.
- More responsive to switching between Manual, Stabilized, and Waypoint modes.
- Supports using the new uBlox GPS for faster navigation responses.
- Super-basic camera stabilization code.
- Adds serial telemetry output in a variety of formats.
- Supports telemetry output in our own UAV Dev Board format.
- Supports telemetry output using an Ardupilot Ground Station compatible format.
- Supports NMEA output to a Remzibi OSD.
During my reorganization of Bill's excellent code base, I've been focusing on making it more configurable, more maintainable, and more easily extendable. So hopefully progress on this project will continue to accelerate! We have a growing group contributing code and testing through our email list
, and we suggest that you join the list if you are an active user of a UAV Dev Board!
More info including downloads, a budding wiki, and our searchable subversion repository are available on our google code project page
And of course, giant thanks to Bill Premerlani for the awesome hardware, for providing such a strong software foundation, and for tirelessly answering all of my questions.